The Orgamites are an innovative intervention designed to save lives and stop the needless waste of organs and lives by educating parents and children about organs, and raise awareness of the shortage of organ donors.
USP: The Orgamites are an innovative intervention designed to save lives and stop the needless waste of organs and lives.
Currently there are over 7000 people on the UK national transplant waiting list and, during the last financial year, over 400 people either died whilst on the waiting list. This is because, despite more than 500,000 people dying each year in the UK, fewer than 6,000 people die in circumstances where they can become a donor.
Among racial and ethnic minorities, lower consent rates may be due, in part, to personal, cultural, or religious beliefs. When this is so, lower rates do not represent problems to be fixed; however, some of these differences are due to miscommunication, misinformation, or trust among racial and ethnic minorities.
OBSTACLES TO OVERCOME:
• 700 People waiting UK national transplant waiting list, of which 3% are children
• Organ Transplant Education is voluntary in schools
• Children must be 16 or over in the UK to sign the register (18 USA) therefore their parents will need to be convinced
• Poor diet are attributing factors - child obesity
• There’s a general lack of understanding and exposure to the above problems
THE ORGAMITES SOLUTIONS:
• An intervention to save lives and get children off the list because 1 donor can save 7 lives
• Tools for schools. A teaching aid to help both teachers and parents
• More ways to have the conversation between kids and parents
• Free downloadable guides to health
• Loads of engaging campaigns and programs to share
• Animated characters to promote the issue of organ donors
• Website featuring 5 one-minute animated videos
• Tools for Schools (complete resource pack for teachers)
• Healthy Living Program – 7 easy steps to improve your kids’ health (and yours!)
• Extensive supporting material for parents and schools, both downloadable and printed.
A family of cute animated characters representing the major organs in the body, the Orgamites will educate parents and children about organs, and raise awareness of the shortage of organ donors.
Children and families
Market toys and merchandise via website and through partners.
Partnerships: We have an agreement in principle to partner with the NHSBT – this will involve them officially endorsing the Orgamites, disseminating our material through NHS facilities (hospitals, surgeries etc), and financially supporting our campaigns. We are also developing a partnership program to entice major corporations to support the Orgamites, boosting their social responsibility and our reach.
We have already planned and designed a wide range of Orgamites merchandise, from T-shirts and caps to soft toys and collectibles, plus of course, and app – based on the vastly successful Dumb Ways to Die, the Orgamites present Smart Ways to Live.
The Orgamites launched in April 2016. Our next big campaign is coming in 2017: We’re all Superheroes on the inside!